With school starting before you know it, it is the perfect time to start buying school supplies for your children. Even just having one child can mean long and pricy bills when buying all the necessary supplies. Keep these tips in mind to help you save money when buying new school supplies.
- Shop early for supplies, but not too early. If you get the list of school supplies during the summer, try to start shopping when they go on sale, which is usually right after the 4th of July. Start by only buying supplies that are on sale, unless they seem like they may be particularly hard to find elsewhere. If you wait too long, many of the sales will end.
- Shop around for school uniforms. Look for shoes and blouses online, since they are usually less expensive. Also make sure to go to different stores to ensure you are getting the best price.
- Anticipate school supplies. If you do not have your child’s list of supplies when the sales are going on, purchase items that you are sure will be needed. These are items such as pencils, paper, and glue. Also consider buying items that can be used at home if they are not needed for school. Always make sure to get a receipt so that you can return items if they will not be used.
- Buy in bulk. Buy large amounts of anything that will run out during the year, such as paper or pencils. Prices tend to go up when school starts, so you will not be able to get as good of a deal.
- Reuse last year’s supplies when possible. Many items, such as backpacks, water bottles, and lunchboxes can be saved and used for years to help save money.
Access First Insurance would like encourage you to follow these tips to ensure that your child is prepared to have a productive school year.