With summer in full swing, it is the best time to spruce up your home to match the bright summer sun. Keep these tips in mind to make sure your home is as fresh and bright as possible this summer.
- Bring the outdoors in. Placing small indoor plants throughout your home is the perfect way to add a little greenery throughout your home, as well as freshen up the air since houseplants can help remove airborne toxins.
- Spruce up your front porch. If your welcome mat has taken a beating from the snow this winter, replace it with one that has bright colors to make your home more welcoming. Placing plants on either side of your front door can help provide a pleasant focal point on your porch.
- Swap out bedding. Change out your dark and heavy bedding and blankets with light and bright linens. This is also the perfect time to invest in hypoallergenic bedding for those who suffer from summer allergens.
- Invest in new throw pillows. Change out your old, drab throw pillows with bright, colorful pillows. Mix and match patterns to create a fun focal point in the room and give your guests a comfortable place to sit.
- Lighten up your drapes. Take down your dark winter drapes, and replace them with light and airy curtains so that you can enjoy the summer sun.
- Paint. If you got tired of looking at the same paint colors all winter, re-paint with a lighter color. Painting an accent wall, or a whole room, can help your house seem like a whole new home.
Summer is also a good time to review your homeowners insurance policy. Contact the insurance professionals at Access First Insurance in Eagle, Idaho. As an independent insurance agency, we will make sure that you get the most comprehensive insurance policy at the right price.